Impressive and delicious, friends and family will be forever requesting this dish.
Serves: Serves 6
Ready in: 1 hour
200g/7oz ready made puff pastry
4 x free range eggs, beaten
300ml/1 cup of single cream
pinch of ground nutmeg
150g/5oz Wensleydale Cheese, crumbled
50g/2oz Walnuts, chopped
1 thick slice of ham or bacon, diced
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 and place baking tin in the oven to warm.
2. Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface and use to line a 23cm flan dish, roughly 5cm/2inches deep
3. Pierce the base and put the pastry base in the fridge to cool for 15 minutes
4. Beat the eggs with the cream and season with nutmeg and black pepper
5. Remove the base from the fridge and crumble the Wensleydale evenly over the pastry, then scatter over the walnuts & ham.
6. Place the flan dish on the preheated baking sheet and pour over the egg mixture.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the tart is puffed and golden.
Serve warm or cold