An easy, healthy and tasty way to start your day!
Serves: Serves 1 or 2
Ready in: 10 minutes
3 free range eggs
10g/½ oz Devonshire Butter, diced
2 tsp olive oil
Handful of fresh spinach
50g/2oz Sage Derby Cheese, grated
Salt and ground black pepper
A few freshly chopped chives
1. Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork until smooth. Stir in the cold diced butter and grated Sage Derby. Leave a little Sage Derby to one side.
2. Season the eggs with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat a heavy non-stick frying pan over a high heat and add the oil. When the oil is smoking-hot, pour the eggs quickly into the pan.
4. Using a wooden fork or a spatula and working in a circular motion, move the mixture in the pan around, while at the same time moving the pan back and forth across the heat. Allow the eggs to start coagulating, drop the spinach into the mixture.
5. Stop moving the pan and allow the eggs to form a light skin, and then flip the omelette and cook the other side. The spinach will wilt and the cheese will slowly begin to melt.
6. Using the side of a fork, fold the omelette in towards the middle on both sides to form a cigar shape.
7. Tip the omelette onto a plate. sprinkle with fresh chives and salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.