Serves: Serves 12
Ready in: Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 10-15 minutes
200g/7oz grated Saxonshires Cheese
500g/1lb Ready made puff pastry
1 free range egg, lightly beaten
2 tspns paprika
Sprinkle of plain flour for dusting
1. Roll the pastry out into a rectangle about roughly 30 x 35cm/12 x 14in.
2. In a bowl, combine grated Saxonshires with 2 x teaspoon of paprika.
3. Sprinkle the mixture over surface of pastry sheet, leaving a little to one side. Lightly press the cheese into pastry.
4. Roll into palmier shape (Everyone does this differently so please do whichever way you find easiest) Wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 200°C/400ºF/Gas 6 and line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
6. Remove the roll from the fridge and slice into 1cm/½in thick pieces.
7. Lay each piece on the baking tray, cut-side up, and brush well with the beaten egg, sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 10–15 minutes until puffed up, crisp and golden-brown
Best served warm from the oven.