An onion twist to the staple muffin.
Serves: Makes 12
Ready in: Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 10 - 30 minutes
2 Medium free range eggs
200g/7oz Caster Sugar
250ml/1 cup whole milk
125ml/½ cup rapeseed Oil
400g/12.5oz plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
400g/12.5oz self raising flour
100g/4oz Pickwick Cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400ºF/Gas 6.
2. Line muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
3. Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and then mix in the oil and milk. Add the sugar and whisk until dissolved.
4. Sift in the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt and mix until smooth.
5. Mix in grated Pickwick Cheese
6. Fill muffin cases TWO THIRDS full (this is important for the perfect size muffins) and bake in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes (approx. depending on your oven)
Serve with fruit chutney or a few fresh baby tomatoes