A sophisticated breakfast or a quick lunchtime treat. Made for sharing.
Serves: Serves 4
Ready in: 10 minutes
50g/2oz Lancashire Cheese
8 slices sourdough bread
4 slices prosciutto
2 tbsp well seasoned flour
2 free range eggs, beaten with a splash of milk
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Divide the cheese between 4 slices of bread, Lancashire is a crumbly cheese so is perfect for sandwiches.
2. Add a slice of proscuitto to each and top with the rest of the bread
3. Sprinkle the flour onto a chopping board and dust the sandwiches in the flour.
4. Dip each piece into the egg ensuring its well covered.
5. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry each side until crisp and golden - Approx 3 minutes each side.
6. Cut into fingers or wedges and enjoy with a simple rocket & tomato salad.