A swirly roll of crunchy pastry and sweet creamy Cinnamon cheese.
Serves: Serves 6 - 8
Ready in: Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 10 - 20 minutes
175g/6oz Devonshire Butter, softened
50g/2oz golden caster sugar
50g/2oz icing sugar
2 free range egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla extract
300g/11oz plain flour
2 tbsp demerera sugar
100g/4oz Creamy Cinnamon Cheese
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Mix softened butter, caster sugar, icing sugar, egg yolks and vanilla with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy
2. Mix in the flour in 2 batches, ensuring all the flour is combined and a smooth dough has formed.
3. Roll the dough into a 20x30cm rectangle and place on a sheet of parchment baking paper
4. Mix the demerera sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle over the dough, then gentle use a rolling pin to press the sugar into the dough
5. Crumble the cinnamon cheese evenly over the dough and gently press
6. Roll up from the 20cm side using the parchment paper to help, wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400ºF/Gas 6.
8. Thinly slice into about 20 biscuits and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with more sugar
9. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden.
Eat warm from the oven.