Perfection in the form of a simple and easy loaf cake.
Serves: Serves 10
Ready in: Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 20 - 30 minutes
150g/5oz Devonshire Butter, softened
175g/6oz white and whole meal flour
1tsp baking powder
2 x large apples, peeled, cored & sliced
50g/2oz dark chocolate, chopped
150g/5oz Wensleydale with Cherries, crumbled
175g/6oz caster sugar
2 duck eggs
3 tbsp milk
Sprinkle of brown sugar
1. Place the softened butter in a bowl and cream with the caster sugar until pale & fluffy.
2. Beat in the duck eggs one at a time.
2. In a separate bowl sift the flour (half white, half wholemeal) together with 1 tsp baking powder
3. Toss the Peeled, cored & chopped apple into the flour ensuring all surfaces are coated to prevent browning.
4. Fold the flour, apple and milk into the butter mixture.
5. Gently stir in the chopped chocolate and crumbled cheese.
6. Spoon into your 2lb loaf mould.
7. Place slices of the second apple over the top of the cake in a pattern of your choice.
8. Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake at 180°C/350°F for 45 minutes.
9. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack and cutting a slice immediately.
Serve with Clotted Cream for that extra indulgence.